As some of you may have noticed, I now officially own my own website domain! This is part of many changes that I have made over the past several days, not just to this blog, but also to my YouTube channel and my presence on social media. In order to clarify the confusion, I wanted to explain some of the changes I made, first to my brand, and then specifically to this blog. [I want to clarify that all my links from my previous domain (bethelcarpeaternataum.weebly.com) should reroute you to the same page on this new domain. If for some reason it doesn't please let me know.]
My New Name - Princess Worth Dying For
The previous name for this blog (Carpe Aeternatatum) and the username I had for my social media (HPgirl0609) were confusing and don't explain any of what I do or what I believe. So after much thought and prayer, I decided that it was time to get choose a new name for my brand. I chose the name "Princess Worth Dying For" because it express by belief that my value comes from the price Jesus paid for my ransom, not from anything I do to myself or for myself. I believe by byline also clarifies and unifies all my online projects so other can find it. This is what this change will mean for the rest of my work online:
1. YouTube - New Username, Same URL - YouTube is the place I've been the longest, even longer than Facebook. My previous username (HPgirl0609) wasn't working and was clarifying my brand. So now, my YouTube channel is under the name PrincessWorthDyingFor (no spaces). However, my custom URL is currently the same. I may change it in the future, but for now I will leave it as it is.
2. Facebook Page - Same Page Name, New URL - My FB page is the same username, but my URL and my handle changed. This should be a problem if you have already liked the page
3. Twitter and Instagram - New Accounts - For Twitter and Instagram, I decided that instead of trying to change everything about my established accounts that I was going to create new accounts that will give me the opportunity to share about my work without using my personal account. For Instagram, my new handle is @princessworthdyingfor. For Twitter, my name had to be shorten to @PrincessWD4. My previous accounts under the handle @hpgirl0609 will be my personal accounts from now on.
I hope that none of this get too confusing, and I hope that once everyone gets used to it that it will help strengthen my brand to reach the most people. Now, I want to explain a few of the changes specifically to this blog.
Changes to This Blog
1. Reviews Archive - To make my reviews more accessible, I have created two separate archives on the menu - one for Book Reviews and one for Other Reviews (mostly movies, Disney, and Broadway musicals)
2. Ratings System - As I have done more research recently, I have discovered that many people who do reviews have some sort of content rating system to help their readers or viewers understand the pros and cons to whatever they are reviewing. So I decided to come up with two. The first, which I will use for all my reviews, is the 5 Heart Rating System (like 5 stars). Everything I review will be given a personal rating, but it will vary between reviews in what other categories I will use this system. The second is a Color-Coded Content Rating System, which will be the way I will rate things like sexual content, violence, and language. This one I will use mostly in my movie and musicals reviews. For better clarification on how I plan to use these systems, check the Book Reviews tab or the Other Reviews tab and scroll to the bottom of the page.
3. Merchandise - I am now selling T-shirt through the "Merch by Amazon" program. To learn more about what shirts are available, click here
4. About Tab Expanded - Under "Above" on the menu, you will now find three pages. One explains the story of This Blog. One explains the story of my YouTube channel. And another my Personal Bio.
I think that should be it! I know I was REALLY BAD about writing reviews or even posting to this blog at all in 2017. But I am recommitting to my writing, as I plan to post at least two book reviews a month (once every other week) in 2018, and hopefully get back to other types of reviews and even writing non-review posts. I am so excited about all the opportunities this next year will hold! I hope many of you will join me in discovering how to live our lives in light of the Redemption of the price Jesus paid for you and me.
Bethel Grove is a self-published Christian author, spoken word artist, book blogger, and a graduate of Ozark Christian College. She loves to use her platforms to proclaim the truth of the gospel, especially to the next generation, and to promote other authors and influences who do the same. She enjoys reading, writing, singing, and mentoring younger women.
To learn more about Bethel's story, click here
Follow Bethel on her social media below: